(WFXR) — Eight lecturers are in the running for the 2022 Virginia Regional Teacher of the 12 months. Three of the teachers are from the southwest and central Virginia location.
“These academics are correct examples of the perseverance and ingenuity of our educators,” Gov. Ralph Northam mentioned. “Whether instructing practically or in-person, their commitment made a huge variation in students’ lives through a tough calendar year. As whole-time in-individual instruction safely and securely resumes throughout the commonwealth, their excellence will proceed to make a distinction in the classroom.”
The governor and initial woman Pamela Northam attended the Teacher of the 12 months announcement at John B. Carry Elementary in Richmond.
The nominees for this year’s award are shown underneath:
- Ashley Sharell Bland, an tutorial technological innovation resource instructor at John B. Cary Elementary University in Richmond.
- Daphne Tamara Fulson, a 2nd-quality teacher at Portlock Key School in Chesapeake.
- Robert Dean LaFollette, a science, profession and complex instruction, and arithmetic instructor at Essex Higher Faculty in Essex County.
- Howard L. Brewer Jr., an English teacher at the Changeover Support Source Heart-Alexandria in Fairfax County.
- Matthew Kenneth Uselton, an English Trainer at Liberty Higher Faculty in Bedford County.
- Eboni Jenee Harrington, a arithmetic teacher at Lucy Addison Middle University in Roanoke.
- Ashley Duncan Cannon, a health and fitness and bodily training teacher at Atkins Elementary College in Smyth County.
- Brendan Mayer Conroy, a GED/Individual University student Alternate Instruction System teacher at the Appomattox County Significant School in Appomattox County.
“I want to thank all of our academics for their large endeavours to assist, problem, and encourage Virginia’s learners,” said Pamela Northam. “Our regional instructors of the 12 months personify a can-do spirit in the facial area of challenges and exhibit enormous devotion to the academic success and wellbeing of their learners.”
Just about every instructor had to submit a portfolio that highlights their accomplishments, instructional philosophies, and community functions. From there, the portfolios will be reviewed and then the candidates will then be interviewed on Oct. 14. The governor will decide on the winner and make the announcement later that working day.
For breaking information sent to you, subscribe to WFXR’s breaking information electronic mail record